Tag Archives: MimboloveDaimler

1961 Daimler SP250 at COTA Historic Races

Written by Ken Altes

BSA (Birmingham Small Arms Company) owned Daimler until 1960 when it was sold to Jaguar. It’s SOHC Hemi-head (heads are aluminum) V8 displaces 2.5 liters making 140 hp. Fiberglass body, and all disc brakes, it is a small car with only a 92 in. wheelbase and 2100 lbs, but it could reach 124 mph. About 30 black SP250s were used by London police as interceptors to catch cafe racers, in part. Only 2,654 SP250s were built from 1959 to 1964. 1961 Daimler SP250 at historic races COTA 1961 Daimler SP250 at historic races, engine 1961 Daimler SP250 at historic races

Daimler DS420 Limo for Sale

Written by Ken Altes

These Daimlers were made from 1968 to 1992, being the last car to use the Jaguar XK classic straight six engine. Also, built on a Jaguar chassis, these Daimlers are mainly for the Royal family and other VIPs as well as funerals such as Diana’s. ¬†All are handmade. Offered by Motoreum, link at right.

IMG_0470IMG_0475