1961 Daimler SP250 at COTA Historic Races
BSA (Birmingham Small Arms Company) owned Daimler until 1960 when it was sold to Jaguar. It’s SOHC Hemi-head (heads are aluminum) V8 displaces 2.5 liters making 140 hp. Fiberglass body, and all disc brakes, it is a small car with only a 92 in. wheelbase and 2100 lbs, but it could reach 124 mph. About 30 black SP250s were used by London police as interceptors to catch cafe racers, in part. Only 2,654 SP250s were built from 1959 to 1964.